Blind Veterans UK Brighton centre are currently taking part in the month long nationwide initiative called The Big Draw, to help get members, staff and visitors into drawing and arts. We are sharing the ’how to’ instructions so that you can learn the techniques.
Wooly Line Drawing
This is a tactile method of drawing which simply uses wool guided by an empty pen and drawn onto a Velcro covered board.
1. To loan a pen, tie a knot at the end of the wool and hook it onto the wire provided.
2. Slide the pen over the wire and wool.
3. Grab the wool and pen and slide off the wire being careful not to lose the wool back down the pen.
4. Use the knot to start your drawing.
5. Keep your pen continuously on the board.
6. When your drawing is finished cut the wool with scissors or pull the wool back from the board and have another go.
7. If you have one you can use your camera phone or digital camera to record your drawing, we would love to include it in our entry to the Big Draw 2012.
Email drawings to Philip.Rawson@blindveterans.co.uk